Reminder: July 1st 2012 is our deadline for logo submissions!
If you’re interested in seeing your handiwork showcased as part of the branding for WordCamp Toronto, the Toronto WordPress Group, and the Toronto WordPress Developers Group, please get your entries to us on Sunday.
If you’re interested in submitting a logo, but won’t have something ready for July 1st, drop us a message. For merchandise and promo purposes, we need to settle on a logo by mid-to-late July at the latest.
– The Organizers
What do we need? One logo, modified for each of our groups. We’re looking to get similar logos mocked up for WordCamp Toronto, WordCamp Developers Toronto, the Toronto WordPress Group, and the Toronto WordPress Developers Group. We want some consistency across these different groups – a sense of unity – without being too “corporate”.
We’re a community organization, run by volunteers, and sustained by passionate people from around the area. The logos should reflect that!
Note that all logo entries will be licensed under GPL. We’re a WordPress group, after all. 🙂
This contest is open to everyone in Ontario.
Keep the following in mind when designing your entry:
- Try to include the WordPress ‘W’ emblem.
- Try to include imagery/iconography that is distinctly Toronto.
- Text used in the logo should be interchangeable for each group’s name. (Look at UWO for inspiration.)
- We’ll use the logo on group websites, email newsletters, printed material, and swag.
- The logo should be able to scale without negatively affecting readability. Clean and clutter free is best. 🙂
- We need something that can work in colour and monochrome. Design accordingly!
- All components of the logo (imagery, fonts) should be GPL compliant.
How to Enter
Submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Toronto Logo Contest”.
- Colour and monochrome examples of the logo(s).
- SVG file of the logos.
- Font file(s) used. (Optional, but very useful.)
- A brief explanation of your design and the thought process behind it. (300 words max, please!)
You’ll get credit on the group websites + printed schedules, registration fee waived for you + 1 friend, something cool to add to your portfolio, and that warm, fuzzy feeling of contributing to the Toronto WordPress community. We plan on using this logo for the foreseeable future, so you’ll see your work pop up year after year!
Runner-up entries will get an honourable mention on the WordCamp Toronto website.
How will submissions be judged?
Everyone will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite submission on the WordCamp Toronto website, but the organization team will reserve the right to make a final decision on the winning entry (just in case folks try to troll the system, or any other shenanigans take place).
We ask that you vote once, and only once, for your top choice. We want to keep this simple. 🙂
The logo contest is open from June 1st – July 1st 2012.
Voting will be open from July 2nd – July 15th 2012.
A winner will be announced in the following week of July 15th.
You can drop a comment below, or send us your feedback directly via the Contact Us page.